Haircare Routine 2016

By Nadira Permata - 6:13 AM

So i've been meaning to post a hair care routine but didn't actually do it until now. First let me explain briefly about my hair. My hair type is normal. It is thick and each strands are pretty strong considering in my 22 year of life it has been bleached, colored (black, blonde, grey and currently turquoise), permanently straightened to having it blow dried and flat ironed e-v-e-r-y single day. Also i wash my hair everyday, i know you're not supposed to do that and that it's bad for your hair, but i my hair gets greasy so easy i just had to, i do use conditioner though don't worry. 





Since i am now currently an intern who works basically 10 hour a day i don't really have time to wash my hair at home, therefore i usually go to a salon called Alfons (which happens to be just below my office) to have my hair washed and blow dried 2-3 times a week.

The products used in the salon are Kerastase, i always ask for the Bain Divalent one which is specifically designed for oily hair. They also give me the Kerastase hair oil after getting it blow dried so that my hair is shiny and feels healthy.

Kerastase Bain Divalent (courtesy of google)



Now if we're talking at home haircare routine, the shampoo and conditioner i'm currently using is the L'Oreal Elseve Extraordinary Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. Despite the name; Oil shampoo, it does not make my hair oily at all. My scalp gets greasy quite fast but using this shampoo it keeps it fresh for a lot longer. I bought it in Singapore, unfortunately it is not available in Indonesia. The price is pretty high but not as high as Kerastase which normally range around IDR 300,000 - IDR 700,000, it cost me S$17.00 or around IDR 170,000 (so IDR 340,000 for both shampoo and conditioner). After the shampoo i like to lather the conditioner only on the ends and wait around 10 minutes before rinsing it off. 

After my hair feels squeaky clean and refresh, i always use oil on the ends because it was heavily bleached and in need of extra moisture. For this i like to switch out a lot, sometimes i use the L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil, Pure Sweet Almond Oil or Coconut Oil. For deep conditioning i like to put warm Jojoba oil of my scalp once a month (which i also use for my face).

Now let's talk about heat. My hair gets direct heat from blow dryer and flat iron everyday. So i do decide to flat ironed it i use the TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protectant beforehand to prevent minimal damage like split ends.


And that is all! Keep in mind i don't do this every single day hence the 'routine' on the title, some days i just use plain shampoo and conditioner and i'm good to go.

Xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments