Travel Diary: Japan Part I

By Nadira Permata - 3:59 AM

Hello! Not sure how to do this, i haven't done blogging in quite a while. I've been wanting to turn this blog into a travel vlog (and beauty of course) for some time now but one thing led to another- well, you could say i got busy.

I recently went on a trip to Japan. My family booked a tour and we went to several cities with extremely breathtaking view on sight. It was cold, to say the least. I was waking up to -8 degrees celsius, which made my body stop functioning. Thank God for vending machines they put out on every inch of the cities, i found myself repeatedly chugging cans of hot chocolate.

The journey began in Tokyo. Right when i landed, i headed straight to Disneyland, where dreams are made of. Yes i just did a Lizzie Mcguire reference. The place was magical as expected, yet to crowded to function. I could barely enjoy any ride due to the overwhelming amount of people. Apparently in Japan, amusements parks are very popular amongst teenagers as a first date idea.



The second day i went to Taito-Ku, Asakusa. The place itself is a temple often visited by tourists and locals to pray and shop souvenirs. My cousin actually managed to purchase a wooden Samurai sword, which was interesting. Next on the itinerary was Fujiten Snow Resort, i was very excited. After a few a hours hitting the road i was in awe when i got to witness the phenomenal Fuji mount. According to the tour guide, he didn't get to see the mountain very often since it's usually very cloudy. Luckily it was bright out when i was there




Saying i was happy was an understatement. It was so beautiful and fascinating. The picture above was taken in Fujjikawaguchiko-Machi where i got to try Japanese traditional kimono. Due to the extremely cold wind, i was unable to wear the kimono for too long. After taking a few pictures, i changed back immediately into my warm and fluffy jacket, not to mention, layering myself in several pieces of clothing. I could barely move considering how freezing it was.


Another road trip has passed, i finally arrived at the Fujiten Snow Resort, the cause of my euphoria. I got to try the sledding board, although it was intended for kids, i was too scared to actually go skiing so i settle for a smaller one. Sliding from a significantly higher hill was definitely an experience anyone need to try at least once in their lifetime.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments