Travel Diary: Japan Part II

By Nadira Permata - 3:54 AM

As the itinerary continues. After Fujiten Snow Resort and staying in Jirangonno Fuji No Yakata Hotel, which for the record was incredible, the ambience was very relaxing and the view was breathtaking, not to mention it got the best Onsen in Fuji, i made it to Gotemba-Shi, Fukasawa.

If you're unfamiliar with the name, it was shopping area full of luxury items, located near Fuji mount. Who doesn't love shopping with a view? And yes you can see the glorious mountain very clearly as you shop.


Next stop is Osaka! Boy i've missed being in a large city. I arrived late at night, unfortunately there was an unfortunate situation that includes a sudden traffic. I was supposed to arrived before 7, however due to how bad the traffic was, i ended up getting there at 9. We stopped by Shinsaibashisuji to explore and shop around the area. It was magical to say the least. I've seen a view i saw on Tumblr and one of those aesthetic Instagram account.



I was truly saddened by the fact i couldn't spend more time there since most stores are closed at 9 pm. But worry not, i got a chance to visit the are again the next day. But since i was bumped, i decided to stroll around the hotel area. Keep in mind it was 3 degrees celsius, it was freezing and the wind was insane. I found a really cozy and very traditional ramen shop that opens until late at night. It was heavenly considering how cold that night was, i feel like i could drown myself in the soup.




So the trip was coming to and end. This time i went to visit The Universal Studio Japan located in Osaka. Unlike the Disneyland experience i did actually get to ride ONE ride here, the roller coaster. It was so much fun considering i had my eyes closed the entire ride. I did waited in queue for 1,5 hours, i kid you not. We didn't do much since it was so packed. Here's when things got interesting.

So my family and one other family from the group decided to ditch Universal Studio to go back to Shinsaibashisuji one last time. Let me tell you, it was a challenge. Taxis are extremely expensive in Japan, so it was not a very smart option considering our destination was far from our starting point. Luckily enough, the father from the other family i mentioned earlier, speaks Japanese fluently. So we all took the train with him as our guide. Fun was an understatement. I had a little adventure getting from one train to another. And of course, take pictures along the way.


 Although i didn't shop that much, but had so much fun getting lost on my own in the area. Sightseeing and of course, buying myself a hot can of hot chocolate from a vending machine. It was my number one source of heat in this trip. 



I spend the last night with another stroll around the hotel. Including googling the nearest takoyaki shop that opens near me. Even though i took me 1 KM of walking to reach, it was well worth it since it was incredible.

I've always loved Japan, but after this trip, i loved it even more. I fell in love with the people and the culture. I can see myself going back for sure. It has been one of the best trip i've ever taken. I surely recommend visiting Japan at least once in your life! Xo.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments